ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Mon Oct 5 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Marie, located over the western part of the basin.
1. Showers and thunderstorms have become better organized this morning
in association with an area of low pressure located several hundred
miles south of the southwestern coast of Mexico. Environmental
conditions appear conducive for additional development, and a
tropical depression will likely form later today or tonight while
the system drifts northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure is located a few hundred miles
south-southeast of the Gulf of Tehuantepec. Some slight
development of this system is possible over the next couple of
days while it moves slowly northward. Upper-level winds are
forecast to become unfavorable for development by Thursday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.