ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Fri Aug 21 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center has issued its last advisory on
Post-Tropical Cyclone Genevieve, located a couple hundred miles
west of the central Baja California peninsula.
1. An elongated area of low pressure located several hundred miles
south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula
continues to produce a large area of disorganized cloudiness and
thunderstorms. This system is forecast to move generally
eastward for the next couple of days. Conditions appear favorable
for gradual development and a tropical depression is likely to form
during the early to middle part of next week when the system is
expected to slow down and meander off the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is likely to form south of the Gulf of
Tehuantepec early next week. A tropical depression could form by
the middle of next week while the system moves slowly northwestward
or northward, near or parallel to the southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
For additional information on Post-Tropical Cyclone Genevieve,
please see High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather
Service, under AWIPS header NFDHSFEPI, WMO header FZPN02 KWBC, and
on the web at ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFEPI.php