ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Sun Oct 13 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. An area of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles southwest
of the southern tip of Baja California remains broad and elongated.
Although the window of opportunity for development is decreasing, a
tropical depression could still form by tonight while the system
moves north-northeastward at 5 to 10 mph. On Monday, however,
additional development is not anticipated due to cooler waters and
stronger upper-level winds. Regardless of development, this system
is forecast to produce heavy rainfall across the southern Baja
California peninsula today and continuing into Monday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located a few hundred miles west of
the coasts of Nicaragua and Costa Rica is producing disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Gradual development is expected over the
next several days, and a tropical depression is likely to form by
midweek while the system moves west-northwestward at about 10 mph
near or just offshore the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.