ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Thu Aug 8 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. The area of cloudiness and thunderstorms previously located south of
Central America has moved westward and is now over the Gulf of
Tehuantepec. A low pressure area is forecast to form within this
area of disturbed weather a few hundred miles south or southwest of
the southern coast of Mexico by this weekend. Conditions are still
somewhat favorable for a tropical depression to form by early next
week while the system moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph,
offshore of the southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to develop several hundred miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula by
early next week. Environmental conditions are expected to gradually
become more conducive for development through the middle of next
week while the system moves generally westward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.