ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Sat Jul 6 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Barbara, located about midway between the Baja California
peninsula and Hawaii.
1. Satellite images indicate that the area of low pressure located
several hundred miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the
Baja California peninsula is becoming better defined, and is close
to becoming a tropical storm. Advisories will likely be initiated
on this system later this morning while the system moves
west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...near 100 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form early next week several
hundred miles south of the southern coast of Mexico. Some gradual
development is possible thereafter while the system moves westward
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
For more information on disturbance south of the Baja California
peninsula see High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather
Service on the web at ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFEPI.php or under
AWIPS header NFDHSFEPI, WMO header FZPN02KWBC