ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
Issued by the NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD
1100 AM PDT Thu Sep 20 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. An area of low pressure located about 1100 miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to produce
an area of showers and thunderstorms. While this shower activity has
become a little more organized over the last 24 hours, additional
development should be slow to occur due to the proximity of dry
air, and upper-level winds are expected to become unfavorable for
development by Sunday. This disturbance is forecast to move slowly
west-northwestward at 5 to 10 mph during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form in a couple of days well
to the south of the southern coast of Mexico. Some development is
possible early next week while the system moves nearly parallel and
well offshore of the southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.