ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Mon Aug 27 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Miriam, located about 1500 miles east-southeast of the
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located about 500 miles south of the southern tip of the Baja
California peninsula have changed little in organization for much
of the day. However, environmental conditions are still conducive
for development, and a tropical depression is expected to form on
Tuesday or Wednesday while the system moves west-northwestward at
about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is forecast to form well southwest of
the coast of southwestern Mexico in a few days. Some gradual
development of this system is possible by the end of the week while
it moves west-northwestward or northwestward farther away from the
coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.