ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Mon Aug 27 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Miriam, located more than 1400 miles west-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located about 475 miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, continue
to show signs of organization. Satellite imagery indicates that
the circulation is currently elongated and lacks a well-defined
center. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for
additional development of this disturbance, and a tropical
depression is likely to form tonight or Tuesday while the system
moves generally west-northwestward at around 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is forecast to form well south or
southwest the coast of southwestern Mexico later this week.
Conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development of
this system this weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.