ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Fri Aug 24 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. An elongated area of low pressure located about 1000 miles
south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula
continues to produce disorganized showers and a few thunderstorms.
Gradual development of this system is possible during the next
several days, and a tropical depression could form by the middle of
next week while the system moves westward around 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. An area of low pressure could form well to the east-southeast of the
Hawaiian Islands in a couple of days. Development of this system, if
any, should be slow to occur next week while it moves westward or
west-northwestward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.