ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Wed Aug 1 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Hector, located well southwest of the southern tip of the Baja
1. An area of disturbed weather is located several hundred miles south
of Manzanillo, Mexico. Environmental conditions appear conducive
for gradual development of this system during the next few days as
it moves generally westward across the tropical eastern Pacific. By
early next week, close proximity to another low pressure system
could limit the potential for further development of this
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form several hundred miles
south or southwest of the southern coast of Mexico late this week.
Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual
development of this system over the weekend, and a tropical
depression could form early next week while it moves
west-northwestward off the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.