ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Sun Jul 29 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center has issued the last advisory on
Post-Tropical Cyclone Gilma, located a little more than 1000 miles
east of Hilo, Hawaii.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a trough of low pressure
located several hundred miles south-southwest of Manzanillo,
Mexico have become less organized today. Environmental conditions
are currently only marginally favorable and any development should
be slow to occur over the next couple of days. By mid-week,
conditions could become a little more conducive for development
while the system moves westward to west-northwestward at
10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form several hundred miles
south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec late this week. Gradual development
of this system is possible thereafter as it moves west-northwestward
off the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.