ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Thu Jun 28 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Emilia, located several hundred miles south-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a broad area of low
pressure several hundred miles south-southeast of Acapulco, Mexico,
has become more concentrated during the last several hours.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for
development over the next several days, and a tropical depression is
expected to form over the weekend, well south of the coast of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move over the far eastern Pacific by
Saturday. Environmental conditions should support gradual
development after that time while the system moves westward to
west-northwestward, south of Central America and Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.