ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Wed Sep 13 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Fifteen-E, located several hundred miles southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula and on newly
formed Tropical Depression Sixteen-E located near the southwest
coast of Mexico.
1. A broad area of low pressure is located several hundred miles south
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. Shower
activity has been gradually increasing in organization, and
conditions are favorable for a tropical depression to form during
the next day or two while the system moves slowly northward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is located about 1500 miles east-
southeast of the Hawaiian Islands. This system is showing some
signs of organization, but additional development, if any, is
expected to be slow to occur while it moves little during the next
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public Advisories on Sixteen-E are issued under WMO header
WTPZ31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP1.
Forecast/Advisories are issued under WMO header WTPZ21 KNHC
and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP1.