ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM AAA
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Sun Jul 16 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Fernanda, located well to the west-southwest of the southern tip of
the Baja California peninsula.
1. A broad low pressure area located a couple of hundred miles
southwest of Acapulco, Mexico, continues to produce disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast
to be somewhat conducive for gradual development and a tropical
depression could during the next few days while the system moves
slowly toward the west-northwest at 5 to 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. Disorganized cloudiness and showers located about 800 miles
south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja peninsula are
associated with another broad area of low pressure. Upper-level
winds are only marginally conducive and any development should be
slow to occur as the system moves slowly west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.