ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT WED SEP 7 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Newton, located inland over the Mexican state of Sonora.
1. An area of low pressure located about 850 miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula remains disorganized.
Development of this system is not expected while it moves northward
and then northwestward at 10 mph during the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent
2. A tropical wave located well south of Acapulco, Mexico, is producing
cloudiness and disorganized showers. A low pressure system is
expected to form from this wave in a couple of days several hundred
miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Slow development of this
system is possible, and a tropical depression could form over the
weekend while the low moves west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent