ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 PM PDT THU SEP 1 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A trough of low pressure located several hundred miles southeast of
Acapulco, Mexico, continues to produce disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Upper-level winds are expected to become more
conducive for development during the next couple of days, and a
tropical depression is likely to form over the weekend while the low
moves west-northwestward or northwestward near the coast of Mexico.
Interests along the southern and southwestern coasts of Mexico
should monitor the progress of this disturbance. Locally heavy
rain, flash floods and mud slides are likely in these areas starting
tomorrow and continuing through the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent
2. A weak area of low pressure is located about 1000 miles south-
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
This system is expected to meander during the next few days,
and any development should be slow to occur due to strong upper-
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent