(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
SPECIAL TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1210 AM PDT TUE SEP 16 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued to update the discussion of
the low pressure area south of Mexico.
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Odile, located inland over the south-central portion of the
Baja California peninsula.
1. Updated: Satellite wind data indicate that the area of low
pressure located about 400 miles south-southeast of Acapulco,
Mexico, has become better defined, and is producing winds to
tropical storm force. The associated thunderstorm activity has
also become better organized during the past couple of hours,
and tropical storm advisories will be initiated at 2 AM PDT this
morning. The system is forecast to move west-northwestward to
northwestward at about 10 mph during the next few days. Interests
along the coast of southern Mexico should monitor the progress of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...near 100 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.
2. Cloudiness and thunderstorms associated with a small area of low
pressure located about 1300 miles east-southeast of the Big Island
of Hawaii have changed little in organization this evening. Some
gradual development of this system is possible during the next
several days while the low moves slowly west-northwestward or
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.