(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 PM PDT MON AUG 11 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Showers and thunderstorms have become better organized in
association with a tropical wave located a couple of hundred miles
southwest of Acapulco, Mexico. Environmental conditions are
conducive for further development, and a tropical depression is
likely to form within a few days while the system moves west-
northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure has formed about 1500 miles
east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Any development of
this system is expected to be slow to occur over the next few days
while it moves to the west or west-northwest at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.