(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT FRI JUL 25 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on newly
formed Tropical Storm Genevieve, located more than a thousand miles
east-southeast of Hilo, Hawaii.
1. An area of low pressure located a little more than a thousand miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is
producing disorganized shower activity. There is some potential for
development during the next day or two before the environment
becomes unfavorable. The system is forecast to move toward the west
or west-northwest at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A large but disorganized area of showers and thunderstorms,
associated with a tropical wave, continues well south of the coast
of southern Mexico. Upper-level winds are expected to become
a little more favorable for development of this system over
the next few days while it moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
3. Another area of low pressure is forecast to form well south of
southeastern Mexico late this weekend. Some gradual development of
this system is possible after that time.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public Advisories on Genevieve are issued under WMO header
WTPZ32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP2. Forecast/Advisories
are issued under WMO header WTPZ22 KNHC and under AWIPS