(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT MON JUL 7 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A broad area of low pressure, located several hundred miles
southwest of Acapulco, Mexico, is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Development, if any, of this system should be slow
to occur as it moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms have become better organized this morning
in association with a low pressure area located several hundred
miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula. Further development of this disturbance is possible as
it moves westward or west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.