ZCZC HFOTWOCP ALL
TTAA00 PHFO DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS Central Pacific Hurricane Center Honolulu HI
200 AM HST Sun Aug 16 2020
For the central North Pacific...between 140W and 180W:
1. A broad area of low pressure is located around 690 miles south of
Honolulu, Hawaii. Showers and thunderstorms associated with this
system continue to increase in coverage and intensity.
Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual
development, and a tropical depression may form during the next day
or two as the system moves westward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An elongated area of low pressure is located about 790 miles
southwest of Honolulu, Hawaii. Disorganized showers and
thunderstorms within this area of low pressure have changed little
since last evening. Environmental conditions may improve slightly,
so some development of this system is possible during the next few
days as it moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low..20 percent.
Elsewhere, no tropical cyclones are expected during the next 5 days.