ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Wed Aug 4 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A small and weak area of low pressure, with limited shower and
thunderstorm activity, is passing near the Cabo Verde Islands.
Significant development of this system is not expected during the
next day or so due to unfavorable upper-level winds and marginally
warm waters. Afterwards, this system is forecast to move northward
or north-northwestward over cooler waters, ending its development
chances. Locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds are possible over
portions of the Cabo Verde Islands through today.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa by
late Thursday. Environmental conditions appear somewhat conducive
for some slow development over the far eastern Atlantic through the
weekend into early next week while this system moves generally
westward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.