ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Sep 19 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Beta, located over the western Gulf of Mexico, on Hurricane
Teddy, located over the central Atlantic, and on Tropical Storm
Wilfred, located over the eastern tropical Atlantic.
1. Post-Tropical Cyclone Paulette is moving southward and is now
located a few hundred miles southwest of the Azores. The cyclone is
forecast to continue southward for the next day or so and then
stall over marginally warm waters a few hundred miles south of the
Azores. The cyclone could subsequently develop tropical or
subtropical characteristics by early next week while it moves
little. For more information about marine hazards associated with
this system, see High Seas Forecasts issued by Meteo France.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. A tropical wave is located near the west coast of Africa and will
move westward over the far eastern Atlantic during the next few
days. Development of this system, if any, will be slow to occur
during that time.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Wilfred are issued under WMO
header WTNT33 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT3.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Wilfred are issued
under WMO header WTNT23 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT3.
High Seas Forecasts issued by Meteo France can be found under WMO
header FQNT50 LFPW and available on the web at