ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Wed Sep 16 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Paulette, located several hundred miles south-southeast of Cape
Race, Newfoundland, on Hurricane Sally, centered inland near Gulf
Shores, Alabama, on recently upgraded Hurricane Teddy, located over
the central tropical Atlantic, and on Tropical Storm Vicky, located
over the eastern tropical Atlantic.
1. An area of low pressure over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico is
producing showers and thunderstorms that have become a little better
organized during the past several hours. Upper-level winds are
forecast to gradually become more conducive for development, and a
tropical depression could form late this week or over the weekend
while the low meanders over the southern Gulf of Mexico for the
next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms continue in association with an area of
low pressure located a few hundred miles south-southeast of the
Cabo Verde Islands. Environmental conditions are conducive for
development of this system and a tropical depression is likely to
form during the next few days while the system moves generally
westward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
3. A non-tropical area of low pressure is located over the far
northeastern Atlantic Ocean a few hundred miles northeast of the
Azores. This system could acquire some subtropical characteristics
while it moves southeastward and eastward at about 10 mph during
the next few days. For more information on this system, see
High Seas Forecasts issued by Meteo France.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
High Seas Forecasts issued by Meteo France can be found under WMO
header FQNT50 LFPW and available on the web at