ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sun Sep 8 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Post-Tropical
Cyclone Dorian, located over Atlantic Canada, and on Tropical Storm
Gabrielle, located over the central Atlantic Ocean.
1. A broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave
continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms
several hundred miles west of the Cabo Verde Islands. Some slow
development of this system is possible during the next several days
while the low moves westward across the central tropical Atlantic
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms located a few hundred miles
northeast of the northern Leeward Islands are associated with a
trough of low pressure. Strong upper-level winds are expected to
prevent the development of this system during the next few days
while it moves west-northwestward to the north of the Leeward
Islands and Puerto Rico. By mid week, environmental conditions
could become more conducive for development when the disturbance
reaches the southwestern Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.