ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Sun Sep 1 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Dorian, located about 100 miles east of the northwestern Bahamas.
1. A tropical wave accompanied by a broad low pressure area is located
about 150 miles south the Cabo Verde Islands. Although this
disturbance continues to produce disorganized thunderstorms,
environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for
development of this disturbance, and a tropical depression could
form during the early or middle part of next week while the system
moves northwestward across the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.
Heavy rainfall is possible over portions of the southern Cabo Verde
Islands during the next couple of days, and interests on those
islands should monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located over the south-central Gulf
of Mexico is producing limited shower activity. Some gradual
development of this system is possible during the next few days
while it moves slowly westward across the southern and southwestern
Gulf of Mexico toward the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.