ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Fri Aug 18 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Harvey, located just east of the Windward Islands.
1. Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with an area of low
pressure located about 900 miles east of the Leeward Islands
continues to show signs of organization. While this system
does not yet appear to have a closed circulation, only a slight
increase in organization could lead to the formation of a tropical
depression before upper-level winds become less favorable for
development early next week. The low is expected to move
west-northwestward at about 20 mph during the next few days, and
interests in the northern Leeward Islands should monitor the
progress of this disturbance.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. A tropical wave located over the far eastern Atlantic Ocean a few
hundred miles west and southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands
continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions are forecast to become more favorable for
some development early next week while the system moves west-
northwestward to northwestward at about 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
Public Advisories on Harvey are issued under WMO header
WTNT34 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT4.
Forecast/Advisories on Harvey are issued under WMO header
WTNT24 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT4.