ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Fri Aug 4 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A broad and elongated area of low pressure is producing disorganized
shower and thunderstorm activity several hundred miles south and
southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands. Environmental conditions
appear conducive for this system to consolidate and develop during
the next few days, and a tropical depression is likely to form by
the early or middle part of next week while moving
west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph across the tropical Atlantic
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A tropical wave is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms
over the central and eastern Caribbean Sea. This disturbance is
expected to move west-northwestward at about 15 mph across the
western Caribbean Sea and Bay of Campeche through the middle of next
week, where environmental conditions appear conducive for
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.