ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM CCA
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK...CORRECTED
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT THU SEP 15 2016
correct Tropical Storm to Tropical Depression for Julia
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ian, located well to the east-northeast of Bermuda, on
recently-downgraded Tropical Depression Julia, located offshore of
the South Carolina coast, and on Tropical Depression Twelve, located
west-northwest of the Cabo Verde Islands.
1. An area of cloudiness over the northwestern Gulf of Mexico is
associated with a broad area of low pressure. Environmental
conditions are not conducive for significant development of this
system while it moves westward or northwestward toward the Texas
coast during the next day or two.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent
2. A tropical wave is expected to move off of the west coast of Africa
by late Friday, and then move generally west-northwestward over the
far eastern Atlantic. Initially, conditions are expected to be
conducive for some development of this system after it moves
offshore, but these conditions are forecast to become less favorable
by early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Twelve are issued under WMO
header WTNT32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT2.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Twelve are issued under
WMO header WTNT22 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT2.