ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT WED SEP 14 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ian, located well to the east of Bermuda, on Tropical Storm
Julia, near the South Carolina coast, and on Tropical Depression
Twelve, located west of the Cabo Verde Islands.
1. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms over the central Gulf of
Mexico are associated with a broad area of low pressure.
Environmental conditions are not conducive for significant
development of this low while it moves westward toward the Texas
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent
2. A tropical wave is expected to move off of the west coast of Africa
by late Friday, and then move generally west-northwestward over the
far eastern Atlantic. Initially, conditions are expected to be
conducive for some development of this system after it moves
offshore, but these conditions are forecast to become less favorable
by early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Twelve are issued under WMO
header WTNT32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT2.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Twelve are issued under
WMO header WTNT22 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT2.