ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT WED SEP 16 2015
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Nine, located in the central tropical Atlantic.
1. Shower activity associated with a broad area of low pressure located
about 500 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands continues to
show signs of organization. Environmental conditions are expected
to be conducive for the formation of a tropical depression during
the next day or two while this system moves west-northwestward at 10
to 15 mph over the central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent
2. A large area of disturbed weather, extending from the southeastern
Gulf of Mexico northeastward across Florida, is associated with a
broad trough of low pressure. This system is expected to move
northeastward and spread heavy rains over portions of the Florida
peninsula during the next day or two. Upper-level winds are not
favorable for tropical cyclone formation at this time, but
conditions could become a little more conducive for tropical
or subtropical development during the weekend when the system
reaches the western Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Nine are issued under WMO
header WTNT34 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT4.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Nine are issued under WMO
header WTNT24 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT4.