(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT MON AUG 18 2014
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. Shower activity associated with a weak and elongated area of low
pressure centered about 1000 miles east of the Lesser Antilles
remains disorganized. Environmental conditions are not expected to
be favorable for significant development over the next few days
while the system moves to the west or west-northwest at 10 to 15
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. An area of disturbed weather over the central tropical Atlantic
Ocean about midway between Africa and the Lesser Antilles is
associated with a tropical wave. Any development of this system is
expected to be slow to occur over the next several days while it
moves to the west-northwest at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.