Eastern Pacific Tropical Weather Outlook
ABPZ20 KNHC 311744
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT THU JUL 31 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
Satellite images indicate that the low pressure area located about
1100 miles southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula is gradually becoming better organized. Environmental
conditions are conducive for additional development, and a tropical
depression is expected to form during the next day or two while the
system moves west-northwestward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
An area of low pressure located about 1500 miles east-southeast of
the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized cloudiness and
showers. Upper-level winds are only marginally favorable, and any
development of this system should be slow to occur while it moves
westward at about 10 mph during the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Disorganized showers and thunderstorms located several hundred
miles south of Acapulco, Mexico, are associated with a tropical
wave. Some gradual development is possible during the next few days
while this system moves westward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.