ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Tue Sep 12 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Fifteen-E, located several hundred miles southwest
of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
1. A broad area of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles south
of the southern coast of Mexico is producing numerous showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast to
be conducive for development, and a tropical depression may form
within the next day or two before the system moves over
southwestern Mexico. Regardless of development, locally heavy
rains are expected to spread over the coast of southwestern Mexico
during the next few days. These rains could cause life-threatening
flash floods and mudslides.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is expected to form several hundred
miles south of the Baja California peninsula during the
next day or two. After that time, environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for further development, and a tropical
depression is likely to form by the end of the week, while it moves
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Fifteen-E are issued under
WMO header WTPZ35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP5.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Fifteen-E are issued
under WMO header WTPZ25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP5.