ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Mon Jul 17 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Fernanda located well to the west-southwest of the southern tip of
the Baja California peninsula and on Tropical Depression Seven-E
located a few hundred miles south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico.
1. Showers and thunderstorms have become a little better organized
during the past several hours in association with an area of low
pressure centered about 780 miles southwest of the southern tip of
the Baja California peninsula. This system has the potential to
become a tropical depression during the next day or two before
upper-level winds becoming increasingly unfavorable as it moves
slowly westward at 5 to 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is expected to form in the eastern
Pacific Ocean south of Mexico late this week. Environmental
conditions appear conducive for some development of the system by
the weekend while it moves westward to west-northwestward at 10 to
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Seven-E are issued under
WMO header WTPZ32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP2.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Seven-E are issued under
WMO header WTPZ22 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP2.