ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 PM PDT SAT JUL 2 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Agatha, located about 800 miles west-southwest of the southern
tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Showers and thunderstorms have increased and become significantly
better organized during the day near a low pressure area located
about 575 miles south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. It appears
that a tropical depression is forming, and advisories will likely be
initiated on this system later this evening. The low is forecast
to move west-northwestward at about 10 mph during the next few days,
remaining well offshore of the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...near 100 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent
2. A new area of low pressure is expected to form by the middle of next
week well southwest of the coast of Mexico. Some subsequent
development of the system is possible as it moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Agatha are issued under WMO
header WTPZ32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP2.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Agatha are issued under WMO
header WTPZ22 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP2.