(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT MON SEP 15 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Odile, located inland over the southern portion of the Baja
1. An elongated low pressure system located about 500 miles
south-southeast of Acapulco, Mexico is producing a large area of
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to
be conducive for development, and this disturbance will likely
become a tropical depression during the next day or two while it
moves slowly toward the west-northwest or northwest.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A weak area of low pressure located about 1400 miles east-southeast
of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Some slow development of this system is possible
while the low moves generally northwestward during the next several
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.