(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT TUE SEP 9 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. An area of low pressure has continued to become better defined a
couple of hundred miles south of Acapulco, Mexico. Environmental
conditions are expected to be conducive for development, and the low
is likely to become a tropical depression in a day or two while it
moves slowly northwestward just offshore of the southwestern coast
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A weak area of low pressure has developed several hundred miles
south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula. Some slow development of this system is possible
during the next several days while it moves northward or
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.