(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT FRI AUG 1 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Iselle, located more than a thousand miles west-southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms located several hundred
miles south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, are associated with a
tropical wave. Environmental conditions appear conducive for the
development of a tropical depression by early next week while the
system moves westward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure located about 1250 miles east-southeast of
the Big Island of Hawaii continues to produce minimal shower
activity. Upper-level winds are currently not conducive for
development, but they could become a little more favorable in a few
days while the low moves westward at around 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.
Public Advisories on Iselle are issued under WMO header WTPZ34 KNHC
and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP4. Forecast/Advisories on Iselle are
issued under WMO header WTPZ24 KNHC and under AWIPS header