(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 PM PDT FRI JUL 25 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Genevieve, located more than a thousand miles east-southeast
of the Big Island of Hawaii.
1. A low pressure area located about 1200 miles west-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula has changed little in
organization during the past few hours. Although upper-level winds
are currently marginally conducive for development, a tropical
depression could still form during the next day or so while the low
moves westward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.
2. Another low pressure area located about 450 miles south-southwest
of Manzanillo, Mexico continues to show signs of organization.
Conditions appear conducive for additional development until Monday,
when the system is expected to reach colder water. A tropical
depression is likely to form during the next day or so while the
low moves west-northwestward or northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
3. An area of low pressure is forecast to form well south of southern
Mexico late this weekend. Some gradual development of this system
is possible after that time.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.