ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT FRI SEP 16 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Julia, located offshore of the South Carolina coast, and on
Tropical Storm Karl, located several hundred miles west-northwest of
the Cabo Verde Islands.
1. A trough of low pressure has moved inland over southeast Texas
and extreme southwestern Louisiana, but some shower activity
is still lingering along the northern portion of the Gulf of
Mexico. Development of this system is not anticipated.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent
2. A tropical wave is about to move off of the west coast of Africa
accompanied by disorganized shower activity. Some development of
this system is possible before conditions become less favorable for
tropical cyclone formation by the middle of next week while the
system moves west-northwestward over the eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent