ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT TUE SEP 13 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ian, located well to the east-southeast of Bermuda.
1. An area of low pressure located just west of Melbourne, Florida, is
producing a large area of showers and thunderstorms near the Florida
east coast and the adjacent Atlantic waters. Significant development
of this system is not likely since the low is expected to continue
to move over land through Wednesday. Locally heavy rains will
continue to spread over central and northern Florida today and
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent
2. A broad area of low pressure, associated with a tropical wave,
located a couple of hundred miles east-southeast of the Cabo Verde
Islands is producing a large area of disorganized cloudiness and
showers. Slow development of this disturbance is possible during
the next several days while it moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15
mph over the tropical Atlantic. Regardless of development, locally
heavy rains and gusty winds are likely over portions of the Cabo
Verde Islands through Wednesday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Ian are issued under WMO header
WTNT35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT5.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Ian are issued under WMO
header WTNT25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT5.