ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT THU SEP 17 2015
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Nine, located in the central tropical Atlantic.
1. Shower activity associated with a broad area of low pressure located
about 600 miles southwest of the Cape Verde Islands has changed
little in organization during the past few hours. Environmental
conditions are expected to be conducive for the formation of a
tropical depression during the next day or two while this system
moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over the central tropical
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent
2. A large area of disturbed weather extending from the southeastern
Gulf of Mexico northeastward across Florida is associated with a
broad surface trough interacting with an upper-level trough. This
system is expected to move northeastward and spread heavy rains over
portions of the Florida peninsula during the next day or two. A low
pressure area could form over the southwestern Atlantic this
weekend, and conditions there could become a little more conducive
for tropical or subtropical cyclone development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Nine are issued under WMO
header WTNT34 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT4.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Nine are issued under WMO
header WTNT24 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT4.