ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 AM EDT SUN AUG 23 2015
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Danny, located over the central tropical Atlantic Ocean
more than 400 miles east of the Leeward Islands.
1. A broad low pressure area centered a couple of hundred miles
northwest of Bermuda is producing disorganized shower activity.
This system is expected to move northward and northeastward and
merge with a frontal system over the next couple of days, and
tropical or subtropical cyclone development appears unlikely.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent
2. A tropical wave located over the eastern Atlantic more than 500
miles west-southwest of the Cape Verde Islands is producing an area
of showers and thunderstorms. Some development of this system is
possible during the next several days while the wave moves quickly
westward at 20 to 25 mph over the tropical Atlantic Ocean, and a
tropical depression could form by the middle of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent
3. Another tropical wave is expected to move off of the west coast of
Africa later today. Environmental conditions appear conducive for
development of this system while it moves westward over the eastern
tropical Atlantic Ocean at 15 to 20 mph. Interests in the Cape
Verde Islands should monitor the progress of this disturbance.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent