ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT THU AUG 20 2015
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Danny, located over the central tropical Atlantic about a thousand
miles east of the Windward Islands.
1. A broad non-tropical area of low pressure has developed a couple
hundred miles southwest of Bermuda. This low is interacting with an
upper-level low and is producing an area of showers and
thunderstorms which extends to the east and south of Bermuda.
Environmental conditions could support some tropical or subtropical
development while this system moves slowly northward over the
western Atlantic Ocean through the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent
2. A tropical wave located just off of the west coast of Africa is
producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for some
development of this system over the weekend and into early next week
while the wave moves westward at 15 to 20 mph over the eastern and
central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent
3. Another tropical wave is expected to move off the west coast of
Africa over the weekend. Some development of this system is
possible early next week while it moves westward over the eastern
tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent