(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT FRI SEP 19 2014
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Edouard, located several hundred miles west-northwest of the
1. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms continue in association
with a broad area of low pressure located between the west coast of
Africa and the Cape Verde Islands. Some development of this system
is possible over the next few days before upper-level winds become
less conducive. This low is expected to move slowly west-
northwestward or northwestward and could bring heavy rainfall to
portions of the Cape Verde Islands this weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form off of the southeastern
coast of the United States over the weekend. The system is now
expected to remain non-tropical (frontal) while it accelerates
northeastward a short distance off of the U.S. east coast.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.