(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 PM EDT SUN SEP 7 2014
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A large area of cloudiness and disorganized thunderstorms located
over the far eastern Atlantic is associated with a strong tropical
wave. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for
gradual development of this disturbance during the next several days
while it moves westward or west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a weak area of low
pressure located about 675 miles west of the Cape Verde Islands
have diminished and become well separated from the low center.
Environmental conditions are forecast to remain unfavorable for
development during the next several days while the system moves
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.